Thursday 30 April 2015

Insert Colourful Adjectives Here

I'd discuss the state of policing in this area, but I'm not sure that's legal anymore. There are plenty of colourful adjectives I could use in the process but that hurts people's feelings which also happens to be a crime around here, so we must be cautious not to be politically incorrect at all times.

Dafuq just happened? Where am I? I just had the most horrendous dream...

(Eyes rescan the page above, right hand pinches left arm... Twice.) Fuck me! I wasn't dreaming!!

So it would appear that the police are now their own race and criticism of them now constitutes a hate crime, or something. This politically correct coddling epidemic is now way beyond too far if posting a photo of street art online qualifies as harassment. If we've grown this thin-skinned already we probably need to step up our grooming regiment to include showering every 3 hours to prevent the bacteria from permeating it lest we fall victim to the phage.

Am I being ridiculous? Perhaps, but it does not seem to top the level of canned laughter I feel should be a soundtrack to those first 3 links in this post.

We've climbed to new heights of stupidity, and, had I not been watching it happen, I'd likely never understand how we got here. It is, however, still possible that despite my understanding that we'd reach this point sooner or later, I never wanted to believe I'd live to see the day. Maybe I didn't...

harassment
[huh-ras-muh nt, har-uh s-muh nt]
noun
  1. the act or an instance of harassing, or disturbing, pestering, or troubling repeatedly; persecution:
REPEATEDLY seems to be the operative word which has now been removed from the definition. Or were we aiming for persecution?

persecute
[pur-si-kyoot] 
verb (used with object),
 persecuted, persecuting.
  1. to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs, ethnic or racial origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
So, um, yeah... Police are their own race now, I guess.

Is it not yet clear that they aren't interested in pursuing the real criminals?

-dirtykid©

No comments:

Post a Comment