Friday 18 July 2014

Exiting The Bermuda Triangle

I almost thought I had nothing to say and was going to have a mild case of coma for a week in the redundancy of 70% of all my reading materials being 'blah, blah, blah, Gaza', 'blah, blah, blah, ISIS', or 'blah, blah, blah, Kiev'... But then I read it... So far as I've been able to read, based on what's available, terrorists, or Russians (which, based on prior early infotainment 'news' intelligence, most likely means neither) found that Malaysian plane everyone was looking for... Now we just need to figure out where the one bound for Kuala Lumpur disappeared to... I could be wrong because it is still early in the morning and the thin film of sleep still coats my eyes... And, as per my usual stance, I'd rather be wrong because the implications of being even partially right are huge...

If only this didn't coincide with other timelines I already suspect to be going on any minute now I'd have some reason to doubt myself, but I smell catalyst in the stew in much the same way as I taste sucralose in my 100% fruit juice to the extent I can no longer detect the fruit...


I read the Snowdon excerpt concerning 9-11 and while I will stop reading anything else this strawman has to say, I do agree with one portion of what I read... The haystack... This is the thing that has always stood out in the 'NSA recording everything' thing... Where would you keep "everything" and how do you make any sense of it? Majority of people consider the internet as a virtual place which does not actually exist... This virtuality is only partially true, as these very words are stored as a magnetic resonance in a physical location on the surface of a physical disk platter. As small a space as that might occupy, it still takes up space as the 1s and 0s a computer understands. So, the first problem is space... The second problem is the needle in a haystack... The easiest way to find a needle in a haystack involves gasoline, a match, and a magnet. Adding more hay tends not to work, so this is the part of the Snowdon statement I agree with... AI is not advanced enough yet to decipher as much data as I suspect is gathered, and I doubt there are enough staff to actually read/listen to all of the data gathered either... Add to that the list of words that have everyday usage like 'cloud' that flag conversations into the dragnet and you have a complete overload of data. I do disagree with the entirety of the rest of the statement based on all other available evidence.

If, however, AI capable of making sense of all the gathered data does actually exist, then we are likely too late to do anything useful to prevent a catastrophe.

-DIrtyKID©

No comments:

Post a Comment