Tuesday 19 February 2013

The invisible people

I know I haven't been around much lately... I have not fallen off the edge of the world, or did I? I guess maybe I have ended up in some kind of limbo. My employer and I parted ways 2 weeks ago, as my gestapo had stepped on my last nerve, and I broke stuff, literally, stuff got broken. The trouble is that I do not have any idea if there are 'employment insurance benefits' forthcoming or not...

It is possible I fell right off the map from 'gainfully employed' to dregs of society whom are not counted in any statistic whatsoever... Because if I do not qualify for employment insurance, I have not landed in the bucket of Canada's unemployed, but rather end up straight in the gutter. I don't much care one way or the other and I am not asking anyone's pity, I simply find it interesting that I might truly have become nobody overnight. Again, I don't take issue at being nobody, especially if it means that the telemarketers will stop calling because that would be a huge bonus.

But then even if I do qualify for these benefits I've payed into for the past five years uninterrupted, I might be forced to spend 4 hours a day on the bus to ask 'do you want fries with that?' thanks to a government I did not vote for...

And don't give me that bullshit that the ones I did vote for could have screwed me over too, because wasted the ballot by putting X's of equal size next to every candidate on the ballot. I would have voted 'none of the above' had I been presented with that option. That option does not exist here out of fear that 'none of the above' might win by a landslide... And then, all of these politicians would suddenly become nobody overnight, because we fired them.

-DIrtyKID©

No comments:

Post a Comment