Sunday 15 April 2012

Some n00b did not get the memo. ;)

Two 'rookie' judges in the supreme court of Canada seem to have struck down some warrant-less wiretapping section of the criminal code. They cite 'lack of oversight' in their ruling. It's nice to see that the Police State still has some enemies in high places, but this doesn't buy a whole lot of time. One year to be precise which I suppose in terms of parliamentary gatherings and actual progress made within the halls of bickering talking heads is about 4 weeks of real work with a 12 week vacation somewhere in the middle for stress relief. They, are closed for at least the next week (I love when my thesis proves itself with little to no effort), so add 1 week to my initial calculation for good measure.

So where does that leave us? Well, I don't think this is related to the 'lawful access' bills which have yet to be enacted, so we still need to be vigilant on that front. I have already written to the person given the responsibility to oppose this legislation and signed petitions, I have even received a response for all the good that it does in the end. Granted I have little faith in the system and never had much to begin with. But I must at least attempt to work both within it's confines while looking for the loopholes that unravel it like the poorly knit sweater which it is...

-DIrtyKID©

No comments:

Post a Comment