Wednesday 22 May 2013

google me this, batman

So I was thinking that maybe I could see about making a buck or two from this blog using the tools provided by Google known as AdSense, and built into the Blogger interface. I was not expecting this would become a salary in any sense of the word, but seeing as I have $0.00 as an income, anything at all would be an improvement. I was, of course, incorrect for assuming that Google, who essentially makes all of it's money via advertising, would have anything to do with me...

My 'AdSense' rejection letter came in this morning and offers useful tips on how to make my (their) site more appealing to them:

Here are some recommendations to help you improve the user experience on your site and comply with AdSense criteria:

- It’s important for sites displaying Google ads to offer significant value to the user. As a publisher, you must provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first.

- Don’t place ads on auto-generated pages or pages with little to no original content.

- Your site should also provide a good user experience through clear navigation and organization. Users should be able to easily click through your pages and find the information they’re seeking.

First, while it's true that I will, from time to time, use a direct quote from somewhere with either an attribution or a link to the source, but everything else was hand typed and came from my brain... It's unique content. Relevant is a somewhat vague term, but since I tend to speak about current events I'd think it's relevant...

Second, I don't have any 'auto generated content' unless you count the widgets on the right side of the page with the latest posts from Global Research and What Really Happened? I suppose I could remove those and try again.

Third: my site provides whatever navigation this 'blogger template' affords it and includes 'labels' or categories which I use for every single post, and a 'search' function.

I can only assume that they want nothing to do with the actual contents of the blog which of course explains why I have such a difficult time finding this blog in google search results, I mean, search results, I mean, search results... Funny, even when I do appear, I am referenced with a .com address, when I actually have a .ca address and have had a .ca address for the entire existence of this blog, I also appear to have published as many comments on Les Visible's blogs back-linking to myself as I have published blog entries. I guess I have proven my own point of not being here for the fame fortune and glory of it all... Back to the drawing board, since I have not seen an actual job opening in 3 weeks, I shall need to find some other creative way to make paper feel like migrating into my account.

-DIrtyKID©

No comments:

Post a Comment