Two Longueuil police officers arrestedThis story is so incomplete and full of speculation. The only thing that appears to be known is the headline owing to such statements as:
Updated: Thu Jun. 14 2012 10:46:53 PM
MONTREAL — Two Longueuil police officers were arrested while on the job yesterday by Montreal police Thursday.
The force refuses to say why they were taken into custody.
The two men have yet to be charged with any crime, but they have been suspended with pay.
CTV Montreal has learned that at least one of the two officers was arrested in connection with an incident in Mexico last year.
The incident involved a fight involving members of organized crime who allegedly beat a Montreal police officer at a vacation resort in Cancun.
Montreal police have yet to issue a comment, saying only that an investigation is underway.
- "CTV Montreal has learned" -- HOW? You are not even claiming an anonymous tip or any other source... -- AND -- "Montreal police have yet to issue a comment" -- So what are we to believe?
- "members of organized crime who allegedly beat" -- Were they criminals or police? --OR-- one and the same?
- "allegedly" -- is it that we do not know if a beating actually occurred, or we don't know it was organized criminals who did it?
- "at least one of the two officers was arrested in connection with an incident in Mexico last year" -- YET -- "The two men have yet to be charged with any crime". Make up your mind!
- Does a police officer, who would appear to have been on vacation, get some kind of 'special treatment' with above average resources allocated to the investigation of his alleged beating than anybody else?
- Is it possible that organized crime has nothing to do with this? I mean: maybe this officer is an irrepressible cock-bastard who deserved a good beating.