Friday 6 April 2012

Polit-ECO, Politi-ÇA

So it looks like the last ballot I cast could may be the last one I ever cast. I hear the new NDP leader will focus on matters like preventing Climate Change­­™, keeping NAFTA well fed, not being 'beholden' to unions, not falling out of bed with Israel, modernizing the party (by becoming exactly like all the others), and putting NDP asses in seats whatever the costs to principles and mission statements. There is likely more than this, which I haven't yet read or heard, but it's off to a bad start to be certain.

Let's start with 'modernization of the party' because it is a pretty simple matter to clarify... Jack Layton (R.I.P.) brought the NDP out from the shadows of the big 2 to become the official opposition party of Canada for the first time in the party's existence. He did not compromise the party's image to get there, and he did something no federal politician in close to 2 decades has done: he won Quebec. So as far as modernization goes, let's just state you already arrived last year.

Climate Change™....... I have already addressed this topic in the past, and I am happy that we appear to have backed out of Kyoto before the first payment came due. Carbon Tax is not an actual solution to anything, it's a TAX... Can anybody remember the last time any proposed tax did what the promotional pamphlet told us it would do? Can anybody remember the last time the word temporary was attached to the word TAX and it forgot to end when it was supposed to? I already pay enough tax so keep your filthy hands out of my wallet... And I have not yet, even stated whether I believe we have anything to do with climate change or not? I don't think 'we' are the primary cause, I think nature is much more resilient than we give it credit for... Granted, our consumerist, latest, newest, shiniest, faster, new-and-improved, individually-wrapped, sealed for freshness, gotta gotta gotta own, order-during-this-phone-call and receive 15 extra pairs for the same low price society does produce way more garbage than it needs to... But the solution to that is to stop buying it, not to give the ones who already stole our money by promising quality, yet selling us Chinese slave-labour made disposable technologies that are dead in 4 months more of our money via the taxation of everybody and our children...

<breathe>, <breathe>

Ok, so they've lost me with the climate change issue alone. But there's more...

NAFTA!??!??!?!?! So far as I have researched, NAFTA has benefit none of the countries involved, at least not the people of those countries anyway. Sure it has allowed our corporate overlords to more easily do some cross-border pick-pocketing then run to the caymans to count their ill-gotten gains, but the average worker has been raped and told not to dress so provocatively in their 'obviously looking for it' greasy coveralls and corporate logo ball cap... Forgive me my ignorant question, but the D in NDP, was that for Democratic, or Despotic? I have forgotten...

And what of the Unions? The workers union movement which started 2 centuries ago, where we the workers stood as a group and said, no, we won't work 16 hours a day 7 days a week for one one-millionth of the salary annually that our slave-drivers take home in an hour, is dying a slow death. Is there corruption in the system? yes. Is cutting off the snakes head really needed in order to shed it of a few bad scales really the only way to fix it? Seems doubtful. I have already seen the changes as my corporate owner expects that I eat-sleep and breathe work until I never reach my ever-extended retirement age that I cannot afford anyway because I make less now than I did fifteen years ago and have a diminished buying power dollar value to top it off... This is because the unions are dying off. And remember that the bad publicity and negative press came from the corporate owned media conglomerates who advocate killing people you don't know for their pleasure and profit... Those corporations that would own the world needed to strip the union of it's powerful image of standing up for your rights against their desire to own you. How convenient that 'they' could alert you to the problem they wanted you to eliminate for them? Unions no longer have teeth, because we were convinced years ago that we did not need them and the world could be better without them, and we did not need to give them the nominal fee which is much less than we pay in taxes so we'd take home more money in the end... But that's not really true now is it?

I am not sure however if that is what we are talking about... After all the term was 'pander' to the unions. Does that imply Unions were given higher representation than individuals? Because in reality, I don't think Unions should have a unique vote in politics, they can rally their members to vote and spread the word and raise awareness of the issues at stake, and in so doing, raise a small army of voters without the organization counting as extra votes... So if that is what was implied, I guess I agree. Unions, corporations, and organizations, should not be granted 'personhood' and voting rights above and beyond the number of people within their membership, payroll, or board of directors, who should still be allowed to vote in whatever way the choose to without fear of consequence to their membership or employment status. That is what democracy is supposed to be, isn't it? Not XYZ corp who's 1000 employees voted this way that can veto their right to vote by using it's single 2000 ballot strong vote to be cast in the other direction... Corporations, unions and organizations cannot exist or function without people, and should not be granted the rights of being considered as people, or worse, greater than people...

Again, I am not certain what is implied so I am either for, or against the 'pandering' to unions depending on the actual meaning...

Lastly, Israel... Given that I am reasonably convinced that the Moussad (Israeli intelligence) is complicit in staging the events that started the 'War on Terror', and that Israel already has a 2 tiered class system of apartheid within it's own borders I am much more partial with the idea of backing away and allowing them to back themselves into their own corner... They are creating their own problems. They are generating the largest portion of 'anti-semitism' so they can call any who might actually stand up to question them, as Jew haters so that we forget that we had a question and immediately jump on the defensive... Questions tend to lead to answers, answers tend to lead to knowledge, knowledge is the enemy of ignorance, ignorance is where racism is born. So by that cycle, questions have a much greater chance of killing racism, than being racism... But again, being on the defensive was all that mattered since we suddenly forgot what the question was.

So with all that I would appear to oppose about this new opposition leader, and given that I voted this party last year because I didn't like or even trust anybody else, I guess I will hang up my fancy X marking pencil and walk away... Better yet, I will go all the way to the ballot box, and drop a pristinely unmarked ballot into the box... I think that makes more of a statement than not showing up at all.

-DIrtyKID©

No comments:

Post a Comment