Saturday 12 May 2012

Much news is no news

Is it just me? Maybe it is. But it appears to me that every media source whether major, minor, or underground has upped the ante this week. But, there does not seem to be any causality to it at all: nothing
Suddenly, the busiest news week in a long time, and it is about nothing. There is nothing extraordinarily different in anything I have read this week, in contrast to any other week. I have not suddenly added 10 new feeds, and, in fact, removed 2 feeds that were redundant a couple of weeks ago. The vast majority of everything I have received in these feeds are ‘GOP candidate this’, ‘Obama that’, JP Morgan broke the bank, Fukushima will kill us, government is corrupt and corporations eat babies, Europe being dragged of a cliff by PIIGS, and China owns the universe… But (U.S. presidential race aside), none of this is really any different than last week, or even last year for that matter.

Have both sides in the media colluded to hide something big in between the MSM and the Blogosphere? Did some conglomerate buy up all the independent sources of media I consume last Sunday? Or, do I simply need to stop reading so much and find some other thing to consume my time with until after the November U.S. election?

-DIrtyKID©

No comments:

Post a Comment