Tuesday 1 May 2018

Ghost of the past from a history that never really was

If you ever needed proof that Goldman Sachs is the enemy of anything good look no further. Not that it wasn't already fairly obvious, but then I'm not sure enough people are looking in the first place with things like this masquerading as news. I suppose it could be argued that an act of heroism to some is an act of terrorism others, except that 9/11 had no heroes since the narrative was a work of fiction propagated by the real killers, whom we've long ceased hunting or never started hunting to begin with. 

I find it rather jarring to read stories about "the civil war in Syria" going on about the Russians, Iranians, Israelis, and Americans which somehow fail to mention the Syrians... Maybe it's because the last time I looked up the term for civil war it had less to do with other countries bombing one country, and more to do with civilians trying to overthrow their government, but that could just a part of the shared dream forgotten by the majority like so many other histories which are no longer what they once were. 

Of course, nothing is allowed to be what it was because it's all out of bounds due to some symbolic abuses from the past that, despite transforming into the Phoenix of overcoming such abuses are still somehow abusive. I think... Are we not supposed to remember what it was, or what it became? Regardless of the answer, that which we don't remember, we tend to repeat which I find the most offensive of all. The struggle is real and an explosive prom dress Twitter post is only the outcome of a much larger problem which seems to go largely undiagnosed. We have become so distracted in our pursuit of outrage that we don't know what we're really angry about I the first place. 

I've been having the kind of day where just about everyone I've had random interactions with have been pissing me I off. I mean truly random one-off people whose names I don't know, whom, were today a movie, would be credited as 'guy at bus stop' or 'woman walking dog' or 'waiter number 2'. I must be radiating a giant kick-me sign or something.

-dirtykid©

No comments:

Post a Comment